Get started with FlashAir
What can FlashAir do?
FlashAir is an iSDIO standard compliant device with wireless LAN functionality and a built in micro computer.
Devices with an SD card slot such as cameras and PCs (i.e. SD host devices) will recognize the FlashAir as a SDHC memory card, and read/write data. Furthermore, SD host devices that support iSDIO commands can control the FlashAir's wireless LAN directly.
Since the FlashAir has a built in web server, Wi-Fi devices can connect to the FlashAir and access its contents using HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) and any modern browser.
- Wireless LAN - Control Wireless LAN functions, such as enabling AP/STA mode, using both simultaneously (bridge mode), and scanning SSIDs.
- HTTP - HTTP communication via Wireless LAN
- Web server - By issuing HTTP GET requests to files on the FlashAir, you can download them. The FlashAir API includes CGI commands to get list of files and to customize your configuration.
- Script - You can execute Lua scripts on FlashAir.
- PIO - FlashAir supports PIO.
- SD - You can read from and write files on the internal flash memory.
- Other - You can read from and write SRAM.
FlashAir Application Development
Application development depends on the type of device you're using.
- Smartphone or Browser Application Development To get started with developing a smartphone or web application, go to Overview of FlashAir Application Development.
- Smartphone application for iOS/Android
- Web browser
- Embedded Device Development To get started with developing an embedded application using iSDIO or Lua scripting, go to Overview of Devices with FlashAir.
- Arduino devices
There are three generations of FlashAir cards: First generation, Second generation (W-02) and Third generation (W-03).
The first generation supports firmware version 1.00s, the second generation supports 2.00s, and the third generation supports 3.00s. The second and third generation cards come with speed improvements and a massively expanded API.
|Series||FlashAir W-03||FlashAir W-02||FlashAir|
|Speed Class||Class 10||Class 10||Class 6|
|Firmware version string||ex. FA9CAW3AQ3.00.00||ex. F19BAW3AW2.00.03||ex. F24A6W3AW1.00.04|
|Internet Pass-Thru Mode|
|Long filename *|
|UTF-8 filename *|
|Browser utility customization|
|Available CGI commands||command.cgi||25||23||10|
* Information about the 3rd generation card is based on Firmware Version 3.00.00. Also, 2nd on 2.00.03, and 1st on 1.00.04.